Reserve a group study room
Study rooms are available in the main library for people who want to get together for meetings, studying, or working on projects. We have 10 group study rooms available for 2 to 12 people. There are also 10 individual study rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis.
What you need to know before you book a room
- You may book one study room per day for up to four hours.
- The person who makes the reservation must check out the room key.
- There is a 30 minute grace period if you are running late. After that, your reservation will be canceled and your room may not be available when you arrive.
- Rooms are reserved for academic work only – users must be NDSU students, faculty, or staff.
- Individual study rooms cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis for 4 hours with one renewal.
Steps for Booking Group Study Rooms
- Click here to get started.
- Log in using the Username and Password that you’ve created.
- The first time you use OpenRoom, you will need to create an account. You can choose whatever Username you’d like, but we recommend using your firstname.lastname.
- Click on Book Room.
- Fill out your reservation information.
- Click on Find me a room.
- Choose a room from the list of those available.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- At the time of the reservation, go to the circulation desk in the main library to check out the room key with your Bison ID.
Cancelling a Group Study Room Booking
- Log in to OpenRoom.
- A list of your current reservations will appear.
- Click on the red Cancel button.
- Click Yes to confirm the cancellation.