Home History Culture

Donation of Infant Garments

Gift of Kathy (Feist) Lalum, Minnewaukan, North Dakota, 9 November 2010.

Photography by Michael M. Miller and Acacia (Jonas) Stuckle.

Textiles and clothing donated to the GRHC, NDSU Libraries, Fargo, are housed at the
Emily P. Reynolds Historic Costume Collection Department of Apparel, Design and Hospitality Management, College of Human Development and Education, NDSU.


2010.21.01.03 & 2010.21.01.02 Baby dresses.

Kathy (Feist) Lalum’s donation included a number of infant dresses made by her grandmother, Mary (Mitzel) Wagner of Strasburg, ND.  Mary was the wife of Magnus T. Wagner. Pam Burkhardt, GRHC’s Collections’ Manager, holds a pink cotton dress accented with chain stitch in blue floss on the neckline, yoke and sleeves.

The white cotton dress on the table is a variation using the same pattern. It is embroidered with pink floss. Courtesy Kathy (Feist) Lalum Collection.

Kathy’s sister-in law Mary Kay (Miller) Feist watches as the tiny garments are removed from the box. This box was found in the basement of the Wagner farmhouse west Linton, ND.

2010.21.03.01 & 2010.21.03.01 Baby bib

Mary (Mitzel) Wagner crocheted these two baby bibs. Below them are more baby dresses each based on one simple pattern. All are embellished with embroidery. Mary’s daughter was Rita (Wagner) Feist born in 1927. Rita’s daughter Kathy (Feist) Lalum donated five baby dresses, a flannel slip for an infant, and two crocheted bibs.

Permission to use any images from the GRHC website may be requested by contacting Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Libraries
Germans from Russia Heritage Collection
Libraries
NDSU Dept #2080
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Tel: 701-231-8416
Fax: 701-231-6128
Last Updated:
Director: Michael M. Miller
North Dakota State University Library North Dakota State University North Dakota State University GRHC Home